Thursday, December 25, 2008

Highlight of the Week

It’s been about 5 months since I got here, and the holidays and my birthday are fast approaching. This happy time of year makes me think of all the happy things that I experience here in Japan.

When I first got here, my greatest joy was going out on Friday night with the guys from Iwaki, getting a few beers and eating yakiniku. Things have changed though. Meat doesn’t satisfy me the way it used to... I get my kicks in the more simple ways. Going to my tutoring lessons on Tuesdays and sitting there for an hour trying to pick the rice out of my ears to understand what my tutor is trying to say. Then afterwards, having a nice home-cooked meal with her two daughters, one of them being my student. Oh, and the dog Bell, who likes to eat and play in her own poop. GOOD GIRL!

The other two are watching weekly episodes of Heroes and The Office. So really, I’m watching a knockoff of the X-Men cartoon and the best show EVER, since Three’s Company. Life is so sweet. Just like 45 year old asses. Sorry. I mean 40 5-year-old asses.

No comments: