Thursday, December 25, 2008

End of the Year Apples

The Japanese love to give out apples during winter, saying, “My Neighbor/Relative grew these extra apples, douzo.”

Domo Arigatou Mr. Roboto

My tutor and one of my JTE’s gave them to me, and these things are HUGE. If you were to go to the store, they would be at least $3 or $4 bucks a piece. I also saw some of these bigger “Japanese Pears.” They were the size of MELONS. Pamela pre-reduction. Massive. I thought they were fake…but they were real. Not Pamela. I laughed really loud in the produce section and some old lady smiled and winked. She didn’t actually do that.

Wishful Thinking.

Cutlural Note:

1. Domo Arigatou Mr. Roboto – In Japanese means, Thank you Mr. Robot
2. Japanese Pear – Looks like apples, feels like apples, and tastes like a mix between a pear and an apple.

No comments: