Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Drug Question

I’ve been staying at my schools later and later these days, so I can maybe get the teachers to like me a little more. The teachers are much different during this time, opening up and becoming much friendlier. Maybe too friendly my butt hurts and my jaw’s really sore.

One of the English teachers actually asked me if I do drugs. My answer was lighting fast though. Faster than the Fyastest Zombie. “No, just drinking.” And then he smiled at me thinking I was lying and it got awkward because I started to smile and then he nodded with a face that said, “You’re not a fyast enough Zombie.”

Then I Tried to cover for myself, bringing up High School and Starbucks, havens for illicit drug use. Then he started to talk about it in Broken English, while I said “Ahhh…ohhh,” and the standard. I didn’t understand what he said.

Cultural Note:

1. Fyastest Zombie – First encountered in 28 Days Later, and subsequent Zombie movies. So Fast, they’re Fyast.

No comments: