Thursday, December 25, 2008

Hardest Part of the Job

After being here for nearly 5 months, I have realized what the hardest part of this job is. It’s staying up at your desk. When this first became an issue, I was drinking about 4 cans of coffee a day. Then the after effects were always in the back of my mind. Stained teeth, smelly breath, the caffeine withdrawal, and in particular, increased fatigue. I was beat. More beat than that asian girl with herpes that Prosser was hooking up with while she was on the rag. The same one that Vossler slapped the sandwich out of her hand and made cry. Completely beat.

So then I turned to soda. But then I got yelled at because the students aren’t allowed to drink it, so as not to be a bad influence. I was shaking bad though after the 3rd can of soda. Shakier than a… “Coke” head? HAHAHA. Then I started to drink tea. F. Like that would work. I just got even more relaxed, and would dose off even quicker.

My make-shift solution though is to drink a ridiculous amount of water. The reason this works is because I’m constantly getting up to go to the bathroom. I feel like that woman who drank water to get the Wii, except I haven’t drowned my body.

The only other way to deal with this problem is to keep busy reading a novel or by studying, but my eyes start to hurt and studying has never been one of my good skills.

No comments: