Thursday, December 25, 2008

Funny Girl/ Laughing Boy

One of the first graders at my school has one of the funniest faces. When she’s in class and the teacher says something that she doesn’t understand, she makes this face. The only way to describe it would be an awkward/uncomfortable/constipated face, with emphasis on the constipated part.

One of the second graders that I teach has been dubbed The Laughing Boy. He’s ridiculous. Never does his homework, doesn’t understand English, and all he does is laugh and smile. And it’s really hard for me to not laugh either. So I have to avoid looking in his direction of the room, but then it’s really awkward because I’m only talking to half of the class. And when I do look over, all I do is laugh and then the whole class starts to laugh. My teacher always asks me if I’m alright. Unprofessional.

Cultural Note:

1. Funny Girl – A Broadway musical, then film starring BARBARA STREISAND.

No comments: