Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Dark Tower

Renewing my interest in books while I sit at my desk, hours at a time, I’ve been reading The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. It’s a 7-book series, which is a mingling of the fantasy, science fiction, horror, adventure, and western genres. It’s amazing. But as I’ve made my way through the first 5 books and already ¾’s of the way done with the 6th, a sadness inside me is building. Like when Jason, Zach, and Trini left the Power Rangers. WTF else am I gonna read? No more epics, now just stand alone books, and I’m not about to start reading Harry Potter. That's only for those wanna-be-witches. Fantasy. Pure Fantasy. Like people who think they can become ninjas. WHOOOA! I got a ninja star and a black mask and can do a back flip. Leave it for the turtles. If anyone has any good suggestions, please tell me. PREASE.

Cultural Note:

1. Jason, Zack, and Trini – Three of the original Power Rangers.
2. Turtles – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

2 comments:

globalimagination said...

Foundation trilogy by Isaac Asimov

John said...

Dude don't want to spoil anything but, please, please, PLEASE be careful with the ending at the end of Book 7. There will be a warning about it towards the end that you cannot miss. Heed it wisely. I say thankyee.