Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Schools

So far, I’ve been to all my schools, but I haven’t taught at my base school yet. I think my favorite is Katono, because the English teacher has the best English out of all the schools, and the kids are really funny. But, I think that Iwasaki has the most fun students, because they get the most into the games. On top of that I heard a phone conversation where the guy said “hai” 141 times.

I’ve also been hearing from most of the other JETs that there is usually a hot teacher in one of their schools, but I think I got the short end of the stick… or the long splintery, splintery side of the stick because I just got screwed, depending on how you look at it. I’m glad though. The last thing any of the JETS here need is extra temptation. I mean I’m glad I’m not at an elementary school. It’s hard enough at a Jr. High.

Cultural Notes

1. My schools:
a. Yumoto 1st – Over 400 students
b. Katono – 131 students
c. Iwasaki – 410 students
d. Yumoto 2nd – 78 students

No comments: