Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fukushima Orientation

All of the new people have to go to the Tokyo Orientation as well as the prefectural orientation. This is where we hear the same exact things as before. The only exception is the workshops that are held. They tell you about the transportation, recreation, foods, and other things specific to Fukushima. At night though, after all of the formal stuff, it was a complete shit show. All you can drink and a bunch of people who wanted to get wasted equals an intense equation. Like the kind of statistics which incorporates calculus, trig, geometry, algebra, and arithmetic. I of course blacked out for part of the night.

On the way back to the hotel, I got lost and had to get taken back by Birry. Once I got there, I went to the convenience store and bought chicken nuggets and some condoms. But the face the clerk gave me when I asked for them was a mixture of curiosity and utter surprise. He looked at me as if to say “you’re alone dude, why the hell would you need these?” The truth of the matter is that they sell United Colors of Benetton condoms and I really wanted to see them. At school I did a case study on apparel and Benetton was one of the companies, hence I really wanted to see them. Like, are they made of cotton or is it just designer latex? Double you tee eff. Then the next day we went back to Iwaki.

Cultural Notes
1. Prefecture – Same as state

No comments: