Sunday, February 22, 2009

Suitcase/ Shinkansen

Most of the trip, we had to take bullet trains to get to the other cities. It was the fastest way. Ryoko also packed the heaviest and bulkiest luggage she could manage, just to piss me off, even after I told her to pack light.

All the train rides were nerve wracking because there was no space for her bag, so I kept thinking it would get taken if left unattended. Then on our way down to Osaka, I found a space in the back of the train behind some seats. I grab the bag and stick it there (that's what she said) And right before the train leaves, 2 people sit down on the two chairs in front of the luggage. The dude pulls the luggage out into the middle of the aisle so he can fit a small hold-all behind the seats and fully recline the chairs. Douchebags. We talked shit all the way down to Osaka, and kept looking bag. Awkward. For them.

Cultural Note:

1. Shinkansen – (Shin-kahn-sen) – Bullet Train

No comments: